Thank you for taking the time to review my credentials and professional associations in plastic surgery. I am very proud of my education and training. I am passionate about being a board-certified plastic surgeon, and I have focused and dedicated my practice for the past decade to the art of aesthetic plastic surgery.~ Dr. James F. Boynton
Dr. Boynton’s Curriculum Vitae
Graduate Education1994 – 1998Doctor of Medicine
University of Texas
Medical School at Houston
Undergraduate Education1990 – 1993Bachelor of Science
Durham, North Carolina
High School1990St. John’s School
Plastic Surgery2003 – 2005Plastic Surgery Residency
St. Joseph Medical Center
Hand Surgery2002 – 2003Hand Surgery Fellowship
Baylor College of Medicine
Microsurgery2001 – 2002Microsurgery Research Fellowship
CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital
General Surgery1998 – 2001Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency
Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center
- Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 2006 and re-certified in 2016
- Texas – 2002
Hospital and Outpatient Surgery Center Privileges
- Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Greater Heights – Houston, TX
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital – Houston, TX – Section Chief of Plastic Surgery from 2009 – 2013
- Houston Methodist West Hospital – Katy, TX
- Houston Methodist Hospital (Medical Center) – Houston, TX
- Baylor St Luke’s Medical Center – Houston, TX
- St. Joseph Medical Center – Houston, TX
- The Women’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
- River Oaks Surgical Center – Houston, TX
- Houston Surgery Center – Houston, TX
- Memorial Houston Surgery Center – Houston, TX
Honors and Awards
- Voted a Texas SuperDoctor by Texas Monthly in 2013 – 2019
- Selected as a “Top Doctor” in Plastic Surgery by U.S. News and World Report – 2012
- Castle Connolly selected Dr. Boynton as a “Regional Top Doctor” in Aesthetic Surgery – 2011 – 2019
- Voted one of “Houston’s Top Doctor” by The American Registry – 2019
- Awarded Vitals’ “Patients’ Choice Award” – 2015 – 2019
- Voted a Texas SuperDoctors’ Rising Star – 2012
- Voted a “Top Doctor” by Houstonia Magazine – 2013 – 2019
- Consistently voted one of Houston’s “Top Docs” by H-Texas® Magazine, 2005 – 2015
- Voted one of Houston’s “Professionals on the Fast Track” by H-Texas® Magazine, 2006
- Voted one of Houston’s Top Docs for Women by H-Texas® Magazine, 2007 – 2008
- Special Guest Reviewer of manuscripts for publications in the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal
- Adjunct member of the teaching staff for the Methodist Hospital Plastic Surgery Residency Training Program
- Winner of INAMED Academy Plastic Surgery Resident and Fellowship Scholarship for breast surgery – 2005
- 100th percentile on the 2015 Cosmetic Section Plastic Surgery Re-Certification Exam
- 98th percentile on 2005 Plastic Surgery In-Service Exam
- 92nd percentile on 2004 Plastic Surgery In-Service Exam
- Award from City of Houston for community service involvement with D-TAG program which involves laser tattoo removal from youth gang members – 2003 – 2015
- Eagle Scout – Boy Scouts of America
- Dean’s List with Distinction – Duke University 1990 – 1993
Dr. Boynton is proud to be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and especially honored to be a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). This prominent society is considered to be one of the most exclusive societies in the world dedicated to cutting-edge aesthetic plastic surgery. It has very high ethical standards, and only a fraction of board-certified plastic surgeons are invited to become members of ASAPS. These logos signify excellence in training as well as a commendable commitment to patient care, safety, and well-being. The ASAPS triangular “Cleopatra” logo signifies a practice and a surgeon that is focused and dedicated to the art of aesthetic plastic surgery.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Harris County Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- University of Texas – Houston Medical School Alumni Association
International Mission Experience
- AGAPE in ACTION – Mission Trip to Perform Cleft Lip and Palate Repairs in the impoverished mountainous region of Santa Cruz del Quiche, Guatemala, May 2009
- OPERATION SAN JOSE – Mission Trip to Perform Cleft Lip and Palate Repairs with CHRISTUS St. Joseph Plastic Surgery, Sucre, Bolivia, February 10-19, 2005
- OPERATION SAN JOSE – Mission Trip to Perform Cleft Lip and Palate Repairs with CHRISTUS St. Joseph Plastic Surgery, Lima, Peru, March 8-16, 2002
- Collins ED and Boynton JF: Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and Repetitive Stress Injury. In T. Trumble (Ed.). Hand Surgery Update III. Rosemont , IL : American Society for Surgery of the Hand, 2003.
- Boynton, JF. My refined approach to breast augmentation. Plastic Surgery Pulse News 4(4):28-32, 2012. [Epub ahead of print]
- Boynton JF, Budoff JE, and Clifford JW. The Effect of Forearm Bracing on Radioulnar impingement. J Hand Surg [Br]. 30(2): 157-61, 2005.
- Boynton JF, Cohen BE, and Barrera A. Rhytidectomy and Parotidectomy Combined in the Same Patient. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 30(1): 125-131, 2006.
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Mandalay Bay-Las Vegas, NV, May 2009 (E-poster). Compression Garments in Liposuction: Comfortweave vs. Powernet Fabrics: Is There a Difference
- Houston Society of Plastic Surgeons, Warwick Hotel, Houston, TX, June 16, 2005.
Senior Resident Case Presentations
- 2005 Cleft Palate – Craniofacial Association Meeting, Kingston Plantation, Myrtle Beach, SC, April 8, 2008.
A Comprehensive Program to Enhance Surgical Education in Cleft Lip and Palate Surgery
- 2005 ASPS/PSEF Plastic Surgery Senior Residents Conference, Inter-Continental Hotel, Houston, TX, March 17, 2005.
Phenol and Croton Oil Peel in a Porcine Model: The Effect of Various Concentrations
- Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons, Barton Creek Country Club, Austin, TX, September 10, 2004.
Breast Augmentation with Periareolar Mastopexy
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Hilton Americas – Houston Hotel, Houston, TX, August 2004 (poster).
Aesthetic Refinement in the Cleft Palate Patient
- Baylor College of Medicine Annual Orthopedic Academic Symposium, Medical Center Marriott Hotel, Houston, TX, June 27, 2003.
The Effect of Forearm Bracing on Radioulnar Impingement Following Ulnar Head Resection
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital, Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, Houston, TX, December 2002 and June 2004.
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital, Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, Houston, TX, September 2003.
Metacarpal and Phalangeal Fractures
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Plastic Surgery Grand Rounds, Houston, TX, April 2004.
Dislocations and Injuries in the Digits
- Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery Grand Rounds, Houston, TX, Fall 2003.
- Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hand Surgery Grand Rounds, Houston, TX, Spring 2003.
Hand Infections, Injection Injuries, and Compartment Syndrome
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Hospital, Suturing Workshop and Symposium for Family Practice Residents, Houston, TX, Fall 2001.
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, General Surgery Grand Rounds, Phoenix, AZ, Fall 2000.
Flexor Suppurative Tenosynovitis
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, General Surgery Grand Rounds, Phoenix, AZ, Spring 2000.
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, General Surgery Grand Rounds, Phoenix, AZ, Fall 1999.
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, General Surgery Grand Rounds, Phoenix, AZ, Spring 1999.
Popliteal Artery Aneurysm
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, General Surgery Grand Rounds, Phoenix, AZ, Fall 1998.
Rectus Sheath Hematoma