Belotero Balance® is an FDA-approved dermal filler that smooths wrinkles and fine lines with often instant and long-lasting results. The product has been used outside of the United States for years with much success. Belotero Balance® differs from other dermal fillers in its unique formulation, allowing it to be able to treat certain areas more effectively than other dermal fillers. The advantage of Belotero Balance® is its softer, thinner consistency, making it ideal for treating more delicate areas such as “crow’s feet” at the corners of the eyes and vertical “smoker’s lines” above the lips.
How it Works
Like other dermal fillers—including the JUVÉDERM® family of products—Belotero Balance® is made with hyaluronic acid, or HA. This is a substance found naturally within our skin. The material bonds with the water found in our skin, allowing it to instantly plump and fill creases and fine lines.
Using a dermal cannula designed to minimize bruising, Belotero Balance® is commonly employed to correct folds and wrinkles found on the face, but it can also be used to add volume to certain areas. Popular uses for the product include:
- Smile lines and nasolabial folds (creases extending from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth)
- Vertical lip lines (“smoker’s lines”)
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Marionette lines (lines that run from the corners of the mouth downward to the chin)
- “Crow’s feet” around the eyes
- Tear trough / under-eye area
- Vertical “frown lines” on the forehead
- Lip augmentation
- Enhancement of chin, cheekbones, or other areas needing increased projection
Results from Belotero Balance® can last from six to nine months, and the effects can be kept going with occasional follow-up treatment.