Lasers & Peels
Erbium Laser Skin Resurfacing
For laser skin resurfacing, Dr. James F. Boynton offers an office-based Erbium laser treatment known as the MicroLaserPeel™. Designed to target visible signs of aging, this innovative procedure can reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, scars (including acne scars), uneven pigmentation, and a variety of other concerns. Additionally, the MicroLaserPeel™ can help improve skin firmness and elasticity for a smoother, healthier-looking appearance.
Performed in the comfort of our office, Erbium laser treatment removes the outermost layer of skin in the targeted area while also stimulating collagen production in deeper layers to promote continuous skin renewal. Prior to the procedure, a topical anesthetic will be applied to minimize any potential discomfort, and Dr. Boynton can specifically calibrate the laser based on skin type and the particular condition being treated. Following the MicroLaserPeel™ treatment, minor redness similar to that of a sunburn can be expected, but this should resolve over the course of three to four days as the skin begins peeling to reveal a new, more radiant layer. For optimal results, the procedure will generally need to be repeated about two to four times at six to eight week intervals.
Ultimately, Erbium laser resurfacing can be an excellent skin rejuvenation option for patients who desire more than microdermabrasion and lighter chemical peels, without the downtime of a deeper resurfacing procedure.
Additional Laser Treatments
In addition to the MicroLaserPeel™, Dr. Boynton offers a number of other laser procedures to treat various cosmetic concerns:
- IPL photofacial is excellent for mild acne scarring and treating broken capillaries, brown spots and hyperpigmentation.
- The Clear + Brilliant™ laser (based on Fraxel® laser technology) is excellent for melasma and providing balance to the brown spots and pigmentation. It is also very good at acne scar rejuvenation and may even help improve the appearance of some scars.
- Laser hair reduction with the Cynosure Elite™ Aesthetic Workstation can permanently remove unwanted hair in the upper lip, underarm, bikini region, and other areas of the face and body. With two different wavelengths, this treatment can be used safely and effectively on virtually all skin types.
- Dr. Boynton has advanced experience with laser tattoo removal using a variety of lasers that specialize in different pigment types and colors.
- Dr. Boynton also uses lasers for sclerotherapy and eradication of superficial veins of the legs.
Dr. Boynton routinely performs TCA chemical peels around the mouth and on the face to complement facial rejuvenation. TCA chemical peels work extremely well in the perioral region of the face, and they are considered one of the best ways to improve the appearance around the mouth in patients that have “smoker’s lines.” This type of peel has less risk of hypo and hyperpigmentation as compared to phenol peels, which have more risk associated. Light TCA peels can even be done in the office with cooling fans. Other patients elect to have this done in conjunction with a facelift in order to provide some improvement and balance to the face in the perioral region.
Contact Our Office
For more information about laser treatments and chemical peels, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Boynton, please contact us today.