When to Consider Breast Reduction
Persistent physical and emotional strain is a daily concern for many women who have disproportionately large breasts. Thankfully, this issue – which is medically known as macromastia or gigantomastia – can often be effectively resolved with breast reduction surgery, a procedure designed to remove tissue to make the breasts smaller, lighter, and more proportionate to one’s frame. During this treatment, the breasts are also elevated and reshaped for an improved overall aesthetic.
Some of the most common reasons you may want to consider a breast reduction can include:
- Always feeling that your breasts are too large for your physique
- Trouble finding bras, swimsuits, and/or tops that fit properly due to large breasts
- An inability to exercise and take part in certain physical activities due to discomfort
- Unwanted attention drawn by the size and/or overall appearance of the breasts
- Chronic pain and/or discomfort in the neck, shoulders, or back
If you can relate to one or more of these concerns, or if you are experiencing any issues not listed above, you may be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction. This popular breast enhancement option can increase the number/types of tops and swimsuits you are able to wear, make exercise easier and less painful, and significantly improve how you feel about the way you look. To find out if breast reduction is right for you, I strongly recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced in this potentially life-changing procedure.
– James F. Boynton, MD, FACS